Who We Are
Cambridge Teaching Schools’ Network is a collaboration of Teaching School Alliances incorporating 6 National Support Schools. We work together, with all of our partners, in order to provide the capacity to deliver effectively across the Teaching Schools’ agenda.
From the beginning of the Teaching Schools’ Programme, the Lead Schools decided to work as a group together rather than as separate smaller groupings. Through this, we believe that we are far better placed to provide what the profession and the school system needs to develop and continue to develop. We are based across a wide geographical area with Cambridge at its centre.
The 6 Lead Partners of CTSN are all National Support Schools:
- Cambourne Village College
- Comberton Village College
- Histon and Impington Junior School
- Parkside Federation
- Saffron Walden County High School
- Swavesey Village College
Two Teaching School Alliances (Cambridge Area Teaching Schools’ Alliance and Cambridge All-Through Teaching Schools’ Alliance) are led by these Lead Schools working with over 30 partner schools. Some of these are our sponsored Academies. Others work in powerful partnership with us in various significant ways in different areas of the Teaching Schools’ Programme.
We have further strategic partners with whom we work closely in order to deliver Initial Teacher Training, Professional Development, School-to-school Support and Teacher Research. Our major strategic partners include:
- The University of Cambridge
- Institute of Education, UCL
- Anglia Ruskin University
- The University of Bedford
- The Open University
- Cambridgeshire Local Authority
- Peterborough Local Authority
- Leadership East
Through these wide-ranging and powerful partnerships, we can work with educational professionals and schools in the following areas:
- Initial Teacher Training. Whatever route and style of training is wanted by any potential trainees, we can provide this, whether salaried or training.
- All types of professional development, whether short courses, longer courses, twilight opportunities or bespoke programmes.
- Support for schools tailored to the need of the individual school. This can include major support across all areas of achievement or smaller more specific areas of support. Our Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs) are available for this as are other staff, both at senior level and also classroom practitioners (often Advanced Skills Teachers).
- Support for research work and projects, whether for individuals or schools.
We have organised ourselves so that each area of Teaching School activity is effectively overseen by a Strategy Group with representation from each Lead School and other strategic partners. These Strategy Groups are then overseen by an over-arching Steering Group that sets overall strategic direction and confirms major decisions. See diagram ‘CTSN Organisational Structure’.